20 July 2008

BYOB - Pretty in Pink (and Blue)

BYOB bag by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
In my last two blogposts, I have been talking about the BYOB - Bring Your own Bag pattern and showing how different it can look when worked in different colours. My original bag was worked in a Summer Limes colourway, with a fresh lime green main colour teamed with blue and purple contrast colour stripes.

Then in my last blogpost I showed the bags worked with more earthy tones – just perfect for the autumn. In this post I am looking even further ahead to feature some bags which would be perfect for the Spring-time.

These are also slightly easier as they have been worked in just two colours, with a pretty berry pink or gentle blue contrasting with bright white stripes.
BYOB bag by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
​So in the blue bag pictured above, I worked three narrow bands of white in the lower Seed Stitch section, with 3 rounds in white and 5 rounds of blue between. Then the rest of the pattern is the same up to the top band, where I again used the main blue colour to replace the second contrast colour in the original pattern.

This gives a simple yet stunning bag. The blue colour here is a dusky pale blue, but I could also imagine this bag with a stronger French blue for a more traditional summer blue-and-white striped mix.
BYOB bag by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
The pink bags are worked in a similar way, replacing the second contrast colour in the pattern with the main colour of pink. The result is simple yet stylish and also involves less left-over yarn – always a bonus!

For more information about the BYOB – Bring Your Own Bag pattern, please click here. The pattern is available for instant download from my site so you can start knitting your new bag today!

Next time, I'll be looking at working another variation of the pattern, but this time with broad stripes of colour instead.

Until then – Happy Knitting!
 
Moira 
Keywords: Patterns/Bags, Tutorials/Bags,
bag, bags, BYOB 2.0, shopping bag, knitted bag, pink, blue, spring colourway, colorway, stripes,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...