8 Aug 2008

Basketweave Bag


In the last few blogposts, I have been exploring some variations of the BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag! knitting pattern so that you can make bags that will be just right for your next shopping trip. 

In July, I posted about two different colour variations: a Fall Fired Earth colourway with lovely earthy tones, and a simple but effective two-tone variation worked in pinks and blues. Last time, I explored some bags that were worked entirely in Seed Stitch, one of my favourite stitches (can you tell!!)

The bag I am featuring today is another solid-sided bag, but this time worked with a Basketweave stitch replacing the central mesh part of the BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag! pattern. 


You can knit them with the 3-coloured bands as in the original pattern or just with two different colours as I was describing in my last blogpost. 

In the photo above I have used Col 112 Berry for the pink bag and Col 110 Lake for the blue one. Both bags have bands of white picked out with Col #100 Snow. 

This is a good variation of the basic design as it is still quite flexible so can accommodate awkwardly-shaped items but gives a little more support. Working a couple of these alongside the regular BYOB Bags would make a lovely co-ordinated set. 

Please click here to download a copy of the free pattern and have fun trying out this Basketweave variation.

Happy Knitting! 

Moira 


Last Blogpost: Small and stripey bags





. 16/5/17

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...