7 Apr 2013

Introducing the Southampton Collection


I was wandering around my local craft store a short while ago when my eye was caught by a set of linen tote bags. These were just plain and simple bags but looked to be a very useful size - not only for shopping at the supermarket but also as general project bags or for carrying to the mall. 

I thought about it for a moment and then realized that they would make excellent liners for knitted bags. After all, knitted bags are great but lack the sturdiness of linen. By making a linen-lined knitted bag you'd have the best of both worlds.


Before I knew it, my shopping basket had filled not only with the tote liners but also with enough yarns and dyes to complete a whole set of four bags. 

I have now uploaded the pattern for the four bags as stand-along patterns and also as a set: The Southampton Collection.

The first bag in the collection is the Back-to-Nature Bag. The colourway for this was inspired by the idea of a "Return to nature", the cream colour at the top gradually giving way to the gentle green of a misty spring morning at the base.


The exterior is worked in a crisp cotton yarn and features a neat stitch that almost looks crocheted. 

Inside, this sturdy little bag has enough capacity to carry home large bottles of milk or heavy cartons of juice, or be used to transport all the heavier vegetables home from the Farmer's market. 


And all this with minimal sewing to complete the item!

I will post the details of the other 3 bags over the next few days, or you can go here to look at the photos of all the bag patterns available on my website.

Happy Knitting!

Moira







. 17/5/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment to my blog. I have Comment Moderation set up on this blog to reduce spam messages, so please do not be concerned if there is a brief interlude between posting your comment and seeing it live on the blog. Many thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...