8 Apr 2014

Sunshine and Daffodils


Spring is such an amazing time of the year, isn't it. About 10 days ago the cars and roofs around here were under several inches of snow after an intense storm blew through. Then just 3 days later, on April 1st no less, it was so warm that everyone was walking around in T-shirts!

I took the opportunity of the warm day to have a walk too and I spotted this little clump of narcissi in a sunny, sheltered spot. They reminded me of the ones we used to have in our garden when I was a child. These had originally come from my grandparents' house in South Wales where they grew in profusion by the back wall. 

These tiny perfect flowers would come up every year at the end of February, and on March 1st (St David's Day - the patron saint of Wales) we would all go to school with one or two of them in our buttonholes. 

Now just one week later than the photo above, all the main daffodil varieties are in full bloom and everywhere is a carpet of yellow and white.



I love having several knitting and spinning projects on the go at the same time and they often involve quite large items such as this one here. However, I also enjoy smaller and less challenging items which work up rapidly and can be used in the current season!

So I was especially pleased when I found a lovely cotton mix yarn in just these Spring-time yellow shades and it has been washing and drying over the last few days. This is Knit Picks "Shine" Sport yarn, and it is absolutely beautiful. I am going to sit out on the porch now with a cup of tea to hand, the scent of the flowers in the air and try out some stitch patterns.

Happy Spring Knitting!

Moira



Website: www.wyndlestrawdesigns.com




. 17/5/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment to my blog. I have Comment Moderation set up on this blog to reduce spam messages, so please do not be concerned if there is a brief interlude between posting your comment and seeing it live on the blog. Many thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...