11 April 2017

Zen knitting

Palm flowers, photo by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
There is something delightful about Spring. The long still evenings, the scent of flowers in the air, the quiet buzzing of insects and a gentle glow in the sky as the sun goes down at the end of a warm day.

Even in Florida, where daffodils and tulips never appear (except in other people's Facebook photos), we have the same feeling of change. The oaks are greener and the palm trees are bedecked with heavy fronds of waxy yellow flowers. Bright orange butterflies flit past and the sun is noticeably further round before it finally fades away.

It's evenings like this that call for some Zen knitting. Something where your hands can do all the work while your mind is somewhere else. You can even let your hands be still for a moment and pick up the work again without forgetting where you are.
Kimpton Scarf and Wrap by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
I was musing on this the other day as I watching the slow passage of two of our local Sandhill Cranes as they walked past our house, my empty knitting needles in my hands. I needed to decide what I wanted to knit next... I had some lovely cotton/bamboo yarn, but what to make with it... 

A cool breeze suddenly blew into the courtyard where we were sitting and I suddenly knew what I wanted to make – a wider version of my Kimpton Scarf to use as a wrap! Perfect.

​I took a sip of tea, then immediately started to cast on. The sun filtered through the palm fronds and it didn't take long for the zen feeling to resume. The breeze had settled down as fast as it had come and I relaxed, knowing that I now have enough knitting for a few more glorious Spring evenings.
Kimpton Scarf and Wrap by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
If you would like to join me in knitting a new wrap for the Spring-time, then please click here to read about the Kimpton Scarf and Wrap knitting pattern. I hope you find it as relaxing to knit as I did.

Until next time, enjoy your Zen Knitting!

Moira
Keywords: Travel Notes,
Spring, Summer, scarf, scarves, wrap, stole, lace, lace knitting, mesh, mesh pattern, reversible, reversible knitting, reversible pattern, knitting stitches, yellow,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...