15 February 2018

Projects rediscovered

Grayswood Scarf by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
I recently took part in an archeological dig! However, before you get too excited, I should perhaps explain that I didn’t have to travel far to get there and the findings won’t make very interesting reading in any history book. Still, it felt very much as though I was digging through history as I unearthed old knitting projects waiting in my “To Do” basket in my studio! 

I have to admit I had been largely unaware of quite how many projects had been going in there, never to reappear until now. However, a few weeks ago I was trying to find a bag I had been working on and realised that it must be in the middle of this overflowing basket.
Grayswood Scarf by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
I sat on the floor next to this collection and looked at the first item. It was a very pretty lace scarf and was already finished. All that was required was for me to sew in the ends! I had set it aside some weeks ago because I finished it at nighttime and I wanted some daylight to work on it...

Then under that was the bag I had been looking for and a second one that just needed some material for a lining. Then below those: oh gosh, a cardigan from last Spring waiting for a buttonband. 

The list grew longer as I set more items on the floor around me. As I unearthed each one, I realised how little work was needed to finish each of them, but which to do first? I sat looking at all the items for a moment, not able to choose which to do.

Then I remembered that famous quotation: "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." So if I finished the first item, that would be one less item waiting to be done. I replaced everything back in the order I had removed them except for that first item, the lacy scarf. 
Grayswood Scarf by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
Half an hour later I had not only finished all the ends but had cast on for another one in a second colour! I had so enjoyed knitting the first one and I had a very pretty grey yarn that I thought would look great in the same design. Spring is coming soon and a couple of lightweight scarves will be most welcome!

The stitch pattern is the Diagonal Openwork pattern from the lace chapter in our Reversible Knitting Stitches book and is one I have been meaning to use for ages. It’s quite mesmerising to knit and works up quickly.

​Well, the thin daylight is fading now, so I’m going to make a cup of tea and listen to an audiobook as I knit away on this second scarf. I’ll post more updates about this soon!

Until next time – Happy (productive) knitting!

Moira
Reversible Knitting Stitches by Moira Ravenscroft & Anna Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
Last Blogpost: Climbing new heights
Next Up: Snow gently falling

Update: The pattern is now available for the Grayswood Scarf featured here. For more details, please click here.

Our book: Reversible Knitting Stitches
My Website: www.wyndlestrawdesigns.com
Keywords: News & Updates,
knitting, WIP, scarf, scarves, lace, reversible stitches, reversible scarf, lace scarf,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...