20 Jul 2008

BYOB - Fired Earth Colourway


The original BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag! as published in Knitty 2008 was shown in a Summer Limes Colourway in a vibrant green main colour with blue and purple contrast stripes. 

However, the Lion Brand Cotton-Ease yarn also comes in some wonderful earthy tones and I have made a set of these bags in a "Fired Earth" colourway. These which would be just perfect for the Fall. I can imagine walking to the shops carrying these bags and kicking up the beautiful red New England sugar maple leaves as they fall all around me....

The yarns I used here are:

Bag 1/Terracotta: Main Colour/MC: 134 Terracotta, 
Contrast Colour / CC#1: 186 Maize 
and CC#2: 122 Taupe

Bag 2/Maize - the same 3 yarns, but with Maize as the MC, Taupe as CC#1, and Terracotta as CC#2.

and Bag 3/Taupe: Here the Taupe is the MC, CC#1 is Terracotta and CC#2 is Maize.


It is remarkable how different each of the bags look, isn't it? However, they make a beautifully co-ordinated set when you gather them all together. I hope you enjoy this "Fall Variation"!

You can download the latest version of the BYOB pattern from my website, www.wyndlestrawdesigns.com - just click on the Knitting Patterns tab for details.

Happy Knitting! 

Moira 







. 16/5/17

1 comment:

  1. StringFlinger26 July, 2008 10:24

    I saw your bags on Knitty and I love them! I have the same problem with running out of the bags that I take because I only have 4 (why did I think that was enough when I'm such an impulse shopper???) . I'm going to make 3 of these to supplement what I have. How well are the handles holding up when you have heavy stuff in them? Thanks for the pattern!
    Kym

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment to my blog. I have Comment Moderation set up on this blog to reduce spam messages, so please do not be concerned if there is a brief interlude between posting your comment and seeing it live on the blog. Many thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...