10 September 2018

Postcard from England - Jigsaw Colours

Jigsaw colours, photo by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
One of the joys of visiting relatives is being able to join in with their favourite hobbies. In the case of Tim's Mum in the UK, this is to open up the puzzle board and help out with adding more pieces to the jigsaw.

Today we had the joy of helping her start a new puzzle – always an exciting moment. We spent a happy hour or so, finding the edge pieces and corners to define the borders.
Jigsaw colours, photo by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
Then we went out for the afternoon and when we returned, she had sorted the remaining pieces into wonderfully colourful batches of pieces. I had never thought of doing this before but found it fascinating.

I love this pile of turquoises and blues, for example. It may be the smallest pile on the board, but I love the bright clarity of the colours.
Jigsaw colours, photo by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
And here are the autumn colours on the left, with daisies, leaves and pathway colours mingled together right next to a gloriously zingy pile of cerises and reds.

It is such a simple technique, but not one I have ever seen before. Let me know if that's the way you like to start a jigsaw too. I'm sure there are lots of different ways to set about the task. I'd love to hear what everyone else does.

Anyway, it's time to get back to the jigsaw now – I think I can see exactly where that bright blue piece fits!

Until next time – Happy Knitting!

Moira
Keywords: Travel Notes, Colour Notes,
jigsaws, colour, color, 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...